The prevalence of urological diseases – such as urinary retention, benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH), bladder obstruction, urinary incontinence, and prostate cancer – has witnessed a significant uptick in the recent past. According to the statistics of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly 15-25% of hospitalized patients receive a urinary catheter annually. As the number of hospital admissions continues to rise year-on-year, there is a persistent need for foley catheters in hospitals, which are projected to remain a crucial end-use segment.
Likewise, the growing burden of urinary retention, a chronic condition in which individuals cannot voluntarily urinate, is propelling demand for foley catheters to facilitate easy drainage of urine. As per the estimates of the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), approximately 4.5 to 6.8 per 1,000 men in the US suffer from urinary retention. As the incidence of disorders continues to grow across the world, the demand for foley catheters is poised to remain high for the years to come.
Along similar lines, the high prevalence of urinary incontinence, a condition that causes the urine to leak involuntarily, is projected to bestow remunerative opportunities to players in the foley catheters market. The severity of urinary incontinence rises with age, with men above 70 being the most affected. The expanding base of the geriatric population will continue to necessitate the usage of foley catheters.
To Get Sample Copy of Report visit @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/REP-GB-7769
Having analyzed and scrutinized all the aforementioned facets in its new market study, Future Market Insights (FMI) projects that the global foley catheters market will grow in value at a CAGR of nearly 5% between 2020 and 2030. Some of the key takeaways from the report include:
- The global foley catheters market is expected to surge past valuation of US$ 2.2 Bn by the end of 2030.
- By product type, 2-way foley catheters are poised to remain the most sought-out variants, owing to their wide availability and simple installation, and will hold more than half of the overall market value.
- Among materials, latex-based foley catheters are expected to gain an edge over their counterpart, silicon-based foley catheters, backed by their ability to reduce urethral irritation.
- Based on indication, urinary incontinence is expected to remain the largest segment, on the back of high incidence among geriatric population.
- North America will remain at the forefront of the regional landscape ascribed to high expenditure on medical aids coupled with new product approvals.
- Asia Pacific and Europe will continue to bestow remunerative opportunities to market players.
Foley Catheter Market
COVID-19 Impact on Foley Catheters Market
COVID-19 is expected to create slight fluctuations in the growth trajectory of the foley catheters market. There has been a notable shift in priorities of healthcare institutions, with treatment for COVID-19 patients being the utmost priority across the world. Hospitals in severely affected nations such as the US and India have deprioritized non-essential hospitalizations, leading to a downfall in the demand for foley catheters. With urology not being the most concerning healthcare issue currently, the sales of numerous urology care devices, including foley catheters are likely to witness a decline across hospitals. However, the demand for foley catheters in long-term care facilities is poised to remain unhinged through the pandemic, and will continue to drive the sales of these devices.
Who is Winning?
Major players in the market are focusing on developing advanced catheters that reduce the likelihood of the patient developing catheter-associated infections. To achieve the same, they are using novel materials and coatings, and are seeking approvals to commercialize their devices. On these lines,
- C.R Bard is using silver-ion and antimicrobial coatings in the production of foley catheters to eliminate the risk of catheter-associated infections when used for long periods.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG continues to develop its catheter product line named Actreen® catheters, designed specifically for urinary retention, and are coated with lubricants to make it comfortable and hygienic to use.
- In 2019, Safe Medical Design Inc., procured FDA approval to commercialize its new catheter designed to reduce to urethral trauma.
FMI’s report includes profiles of some of the most prominent names in the market including Teleflex Incorporated, Cardinal Health, C.R Bard, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Coloplast A/S, Medtronic plc, Flume, ConvaTec Group, VOTG Medical, Sterimed Group, Ribbel International Limited, Angiplast Private Limited, Mais India Medical Devices Private Limited, and JK Medirise.
Ask an Analyst @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-7769
Why Future Market Insights?
· Comprehensive analysis on evolving purchase pattern across different geographies
· Detailed insights of market segments and sub-segments for historical as well as forecast period
· A competitive analysis of prominent players and emerging players in the keyword market
· Detailed information about the product innovation, mergers and acquisitions lined up in upcoming years
Ground breaking research and market player-centric solutions for the upcoming decade according to the present market scenario
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, the global financial capital, and has delivery centers in the U.S. and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
Mr. Debashish Roy
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU), Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
MARKET ACCESS DMCC Initiative
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Media Enquiries: email@example.com