As per a recent study by ESOMAR-certified firm Future Market Insights (FMI), the global automotive turbochargers market will be valued at US$ 9.6 Bn in 2021, exhibiting robust growth at 8.8% CAGR between 2021 and 2031.
Tightening restrictions to curb harmful greenhouse gas emissions across various countries, coupled with growing consumer demand for high-performance passenger cars are chief factors fostering sales in the global automotive turbocharger markets.
E-turbochargers are gaining traction in the automotive industry, thereby encouraging manufacturers to focus on product development and innovations regarding e-turbochargers for their incorporation in hybrid vehicles, which is driving the market growth.
Additionally, increasing adoption of electric and hybrid vehicles in developed countries such as the U.S., the U.K., and Germany, along with growing applications of variable geometry technology in turbochargers is promoting sales in the market.
In developing countries such as China, India, South Korea, and Brazil, automotive turbochargers market growth can be attributed to growing consumer preference for high-performance and fuel-efficient passenger cars, creating lucrative opportunities for leading manufacturers in the market.
Request a Complete TOC of this Report with figures:
Key Takeaways from FMI’s Automotive Turbochargers Market Study
- In terms of product type, variable geometry technology will remain dominant over the forecast period.
- Passenger cars will lead the vehicle type segment, accounting for 3/5th of the total sales.
- The U.S. is anticipated to remain the largest market for automotive turbochargers sales.
- China will emerge as a lucrative market, owing to tough emission control regulations.
- Germany will lead the expansion of automotive turbochargers market in Europe throughout the assessment period.
- South Korea and Japan will account for 6% of the total automotive turbochargers market share.
“Technological advancements in automotive turbochargers that support fuel efficiency and optimal performance, coupled with increasing automotive sales will broaden growth prospects for players operating in the market,” says the FMI analyst.
Ask us your Any Queries About this Report:
Automotive Turbochargers Market by Category
By Vehicle Type:
- Passenger Car
- Agricultural Machinery
- Construction Machinery
By Product Type:
- Variable-geometry Technology
- Twin Turbo
By Fuel Type:
By Sales Channel:
- North America
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Garret Advancing Motion (formerly Honeywell), BorgWarner Inc., IHI Corporation, Cummins Inc., Bosch Mahle Turbo Systems GmbH & Co, Eaton Corporation plc, Weifang FuYuan Turbochargers Co., Ltd., Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Continental AG, and Toyota Industries Corporation are some leading manufacturers operating in the automotive turbochargers market.
As per FMI’s analysis, the global automotive turbochargers market is dominated by top 5 players, including Garret Advancing Motion (formerly Honeywell), BorgWarner Inc., IHI Corporation, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, and Cummins Inc., accounting for nearly 85% of the market share.
Key players are striving to strengthen their foothold in the market by emphasizing on various inorganic strategies that include site expansion, new product launches, increased research and development, and strategic collaborations. For instance:
- In May 2021, BorgWarner entered into a global agreement to supply its electronic turbochargers to OEMs for hybrid electric vehicles. This agreement will provide a significant boost to ongoing research and development in the automotive turbochargers market.
- In June 2021, Cummins Inc announced the expansion of its production facility to two new locations in North Carolina and South Carolina which is expected to be completed by the end of 2021. The expansion will allow the company to remanufacture and develop new turbocharger products, improving cost competitiveness simultaneously.
More Insights on the Automotive Turbochargers Market
In its latest report, FMI offers an unbiased analysis of the global automotive turbochargers market, providing historical data for the period of 2016-2020 and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031. In order to understand the global market potential, its growth, and scope, the market is segmented on the basis of fuel type (gasoline and diesel), vehicle type (passenger car, LCV, HCV, agricultural machinery, and construction machinery), product type (wastegate, variable-geometry technology and twin-turbo), sales channel (OEMs and aftermarket), actuator type (hydraulic, pneumonic and electric) and across seven regions. (North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan, and Middle East & Africa).
Explore wide-ranging Coverage of FMI’s Automotive Market Insights Landscape
Automotive Body in White Market-2021 Analysis and Review: Automotive Body in White Market by Product Type – Body Structure, Body Component, and Chassis for 2021 – 2031
Automotive Sensors Market-2021 Analysis and Review: Automotive Sensors Market by Vehicle Type– Passenger Car, Light Commercial Vehicles, and Heavy Commercial Vehicles for 2021 – 2031
Cargo Bike Market – 2021 Analysis and Review: Cargo Bike Market by Propulsion – Conventional and Electric for 2021 – 2031
About the Automotive Division of FMI
The automotive division of FMI offers a novel approach and innovative perspective in the analysis of the industrial automation market. Comprehensive coverage of capital, portable, process, construction, industrial, and special purpose machinery across the manufacturing sector and distinctive analysis about the installed base, consumables, replacement, USP-feature-application matrix make us a pioneering voice in the industry. We are preferred associates with established as well as budding industry stakeholders, and channel partners when it comes to sustaining, growing, and identifying new revenue prospects.